Through a collaborative approach, the Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency provides proactive and innovative community planning leadership and implementation to municipalities in northwestern Alberta.
The Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency is a professional planning organization that guides the development of its member municipalities through the provision of innovative, comprehensive, and collaborative planning services based on a co-operative and cost effective approach.
- MMSA puts its municipal members first and strives to support the long term fiscal viability of both the municipalities and the agency.
- MMSA functions as the planning department for its member municipalities.
- MMSA provides a full range of progressive planning services.
- MMSA is committed to sustainable communities and enhancing quality of life.
- MMSA supports its employees’ continued professional development.
- MMSA is guided by an executive body of elected officials who provide leadership and policy direction.
The Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency will:
- Provide a full range of community planning services to member municipalities, the region, the business community and the public;
- Encourage development that is consistent with current land use planning best practices;
- Work collaboratively and maintain open communication with member municipalities;
- Encourage inter-municipal cooperation and collaboration amongst its member municipalities;
- Advocate for the interests of member municipalities within the region and the province;
- Provide planning services to address local and regional needs and goals;
- Provide a forum to discuss and address planning and development issues that affect the region;
- Achieve planning objectives in the most cost-effective and timely manner; and
- Provide municipalities’ access to the diverse range of skill-sets within its professional staff.
|Village of Berwyn||Sterling Andrews||Town of Peace River||Elaine Manzer|
|Village of Nampa||Perry Skrlik||Town of Rainbow Lake||Michelle Farris|
|Town of Falher||Gary Braithwaite||Clear Hills County||Peter Frixel|
|Town of Grimshaw||Wendy Wald||M.D. of Fairview No. 136||James Adams|
|Town of High Prairie||Brian Gilroy||M.D. of Peace No. 135||Sandra Eastman|
|Town of Manning||Gregg Rycroft||Northern Sunrise County||Audrey Gall|
- Member Municipalities
- Other Municipalities
- Government Departments
- Public/Private Organizations
- Private Developers
- Consulting Firms
- General Public