Robert E. Walter Memorial Scholarship
The Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency administers the Robert E Walter Memorial Scholarship to financially assist students from the Mackenzie Region taking post-secondary school programs who plan to utilize their education in a career based in the Mackenzie region of northern Alberta.
One $500 scholarship per year.
- Must be a resident of the North Peace or Mackenzie Region in northern Alberta;
- Is a high school graduate who will be attending a post secondary education program; or is currently in the work force but will be attending a post secondary education program to upgrade skills.
- Agrees to obtain employment in the North Peace or Mackenzie Region for at least one year following graduation.
Students enrolled in studies leading towards working in local government will be given preference.
How to Apply :
- Follow the Application Guidelines in the brochure,
- Complete the application form and prepare your application package
- Submit to Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency by March 31.
The Scholarship Review Panel of MMSA members will review the applications and award the annual scholarship to the selected student.
Application Package (includes brochure and application form)
Ashley Friesen of La Crete, Alberta
Myrna McLean with the ATA Fort Vermilion Local No. 77 and Bill Neufeld, Reeve of Mackenzie County presented Ashley the scholarship at her graduation June 11, 2016.
Skyler Braat was presented the scholarship by Boyd Langford, representing the Scholarship Review Panel, on June 25, 2015.
2014 – Kathryn Banman of La Crete, Alberta
2013 – Katherina Thiessen of La Crete, Alberta
2012 – Candace Froese of La Crete, Alberta
2011 – Leanne Cottrell of Peace River, Alberta
2010 – Mitchell Kavaner of Manning, Alberta
2009 – Stephanie Kuester of Dixonville, Alberta
2008 – Jessica Kuester of Dixonville, Alberta
2007 – Amber Fernie of High Level, Alberta